Re: Furling motor brushes

david bruce

Thanks for this sourcing information Kelly and Ryan.

 Would anyone (Bill?) know if the brushes on all furling motors on a given boat as well as those on different model boats such as SM and SN are the same?

Thanks,

Dave and Shelley Bruce
Liesse, SN006
Gaeta, Italy

On May 28, 2019, at 3:48 PM, Kelly Ran <naryllek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

We recently needed to change the brushes on our main furling motor (Leroy Somer MBT86M).

I found an 8mm x 10mm x 17mm brush which works for us, so far. Unsure of the material but it looks similar to electrographite.

It seems that other owners have issues sourcing this brush, so here is the info:
Eurton Electric SPR-A007
7.50USD, ships from California

We also found that Maude has some slightly different brushes (8mm x 9mm x 16mm) in stock right now for 24 Euros. We did not order these, as the Eurton brushes work.

Fair winds,
kelly + ryan
SM233 Iteration
Boston