720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, May 29, 2019, 2:36 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

I agree with Craig, nylocs coming loose is unusual. I would check the rubber bushes. You may have metal on metal going on in there.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 29 May 2019 at 22:47 "Craig Briggs via Groups.Io" <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Paul,
Surprising the nylocs loosened - maybe nylocs AND locktite with a little bubble gum ;-)
Btw, for leverage when tightening, I use a long screwdriver under the coupling and over one of the bolts on the opposite side of the one I'm tightening. Have also used a chain wrench. Left the transmission in gear just to stabilize it a bit, but took most of the force with the screwdriver.
Don't recall the exact bolt size, but you can google the torque - M8 Class 10.9 for example is 40 Nm.
Cheers, Craig, SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor