Re: Genoa Fair Leads

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Ken, Loved the video. However NSR did not need to cut the track. Had they taken the screws out of the stanchion just forward of the track end they could have easily pushed it sideways to allow the car to be removed. I share this information for others who may need to do this.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 29 May 2019 at 07:10 Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@ksa.com> wrote:

Hello,

I had to do this, and filmed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_XB5qfptqQ

Ken Powers
Aquarius SM2K #262

On 5/25/19, Capt. Steve Bode <whatsup@svintention.com> wrote:
Hey, Group.

What's the latest best answer on replacing the Genoa Fair Leads? My springs
are broken, one wheel is chipped. Tried taking it apart, but can't figure
out how to get the pin out of the center once the eye bolts are removed. Is
that center bar screwed in? At $750 a piece online, I'm not jazzed about
replacing the whole car.
Replacement car without extra hardware needed to adapt to Amel lead system:
https://allpa-marine.com/antal-aluminum-stainless-steel-genua-maxi-car-40x8-with-sliding-inserts-172x60x166mm-lxwxh-weight-1-94kg-swl-safe-working-load-4800kg.html

Tags: Genoa Fair Lead, Genoa Track, Jib Car Lead, Jib fairlead, Genoa
Fairlead, Foresail Track

*Steve Bode, Captain of Sailing Vessel Intention*
Currently Drydocked at ANT Yat Servis
Bodrum Marina Teknik Servisler
Neyzen Tevfik Cad. No. 5
48400 Bodrum, Mulga, Turkiye