Re: Amel 54 Standing Rigging and changes to the Mainmast Lower and Intermediate Shrouds

Peter Forbes

My Main Aft Lowers are 12mm- on AMEL 54 #035 - I imagine these are the original.

Peter Forbes
Amel 54
Carango
La Rochelle

On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 13:40, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Arno,

I think we can assume that ACMO did this on instructions from Amel because the larger rigging wire was installed on later production 54s, and obviously ordered that way by Amel.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 6:45 AM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

On hull 121 the sizes are still the original ones so 8 intermediate, 10 lower.
I have not noticed any issues with these shrouds.
I have more concern with the lower shroud on the mizzen as it is 7 mm and seems to be a bit too stretchy when sailing.
Did the OEM rigger give any reason why they beefed up the main mast rigging?

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

--