Thanks Bill.

Best regards,  Dave.
Liesse SN006

On May 29, 2019, at 11:31 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Dave and Shelley,

There are at least 5-6 different Mainmast furling and outhaul motors tat have been used by Amel over the years. Additionally there are 12 volt (like yours) and 24 volt.

I suspect that even SAV at Amel cannot answer your question, except to say, "NO, the brushes are not the same."

I saw the slightly smaller brush used successfully by SM233 Iteration. Normally I would record the source of that brush as one to refer to my clients. I did not because I believe at some point that smaller width brush will cause a problem when it wears and the length becomes shorter. I may be wrong, and I am sure that only multiple experiences over time will prove me right or wrong.

One thing for sure is that you can always buy a larger electric motor brush and cut it to size. This is the safe solution. You may have to take the larger brush to a machine shop to have it cut.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 1:20 PM <davidcbruce57@...> wrote:
Thanks for this sourcing information Kelly and Ryan.

 Would anyone (Bill?) know if the brushes on all furling motors on a given boat as well as those on different model boats such as SM and SN are the same?

Thanks,

Dave and Shelley Bruce
Liesse, SN006
Gaeta, Italy

On May 28, 2019, at 3:48 PM, Kelly Ran <naryllek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

We recently needed to change the brushes on our main furling motor (Leroy Somer MBT86M).

I found an 8mm x 10mm x 17mm brush which works for us, so far. Unsure of the material but it looks similar to electrographite.

It seems that other owners have issues sourcing this brush, so here is the info:
Eurton Electric SPR-A007
7.50USD, ships from California

We also found that Maude has some slightly different brushes (8mm x 9mm x 16mm) in stock right now for 24 Euros. We did not order these, as the Eurton brushes work.

Fair winds,
kelly + ryan
SM233 Iteration
Boston