Re: autoprop zinc

jlm@jlmertz.fr

After 15 years the main bonding in the lowest point in the black water box faille.

Then your Amel bonding system is NOT operating and the Autoprop is attacked ! his colour change !

JL MERTZ on CottonBay

Le 26/02/2019 à 15:06, CW Bill Rouse a écrit :
Yes H6 is correct, but Henri believed that only a plastic propeller hub should be used.

There are several reasons:
1.) The propeller is protected by the Amel Bonding system.
2.) When the AutoProp zinc deteriorates it is the attachment ears that go first. This causes off-balance and you can only use about 80% of the zinc.

AutoProp makes and recommends the zinc because they want the propeller protected and no other boat yard has a bonding system as good as Amel.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550