Re: Amel 54 Standing Rigging and changes to the Mainmast Lower and Intermediate Shrouds

Nick, that is exactly the reason I posted this as soon as I found out about it and confirmed that it happened. Amel 54 owners need to know.

I am sure that if you didn't go to Amel or ACMO, you probably wouldn't have found out that your rigging was undersized based on apparent changes communicated to ACMO and the last 54s built.

You are faced with making a decision on whether to change 4 shrouds, which could cost about 20% of the total.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 10:26 PM ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Amelia AML 54-019 2006 has 10mm lowers and 8mm intermediaries.
This is annoying as when I bought the boat in 2017, I had all new standing rigging made.
Food for thought.....
Nick

On 30 May 2019, at 19:08, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Thanks, Dean. As far as I know, that makes Stella #154 the earliest produced Amel 54 with 12mm lowers and 10mm Intermediates.

This is a summary of what I know as of today. I am sure the hull numbers will narrow with more reporting:
  1. #46 (2007) was produced with 10mm lowers and 8mm intermediates. Had rig failure due to lower shroud failure-reported in Amel Yacht Owners Group ​in ​July 2014.
  2. #117 (2009) was produced with 10mm lowers and 8mm intermediates. #128 (2009) was produced with 12mm lowers and 8mm Intermediates.
  3. #128 (2009) was produced with 12mm lowers and 8mm Intermediates.
  4. #154 (2010) was produced with 12mm lowers and 10mm Intermediates.

Best,

Bill Rouse
Yacht School
720 Winnie St