Re: Greek Cruising Tax

Rink De Haan

Hi James

As Mohammad said you only have to pay when sailing / ship out of the marina / out of customs bond . This was a Point of debate. At first you were excluded when your ship was on the hard. Now it is when your ship is in a marina / Harbour and you have your ship in customs bond. This you have to do at the Port Authorities. It is quite well explained at the FAQ part of the website mentioned. 

When you register at the website you will get a form with the appropriate amount generated. You have to go to a Greek bank or post office and pay it. Keep all forms and receipts on board. 

Using the webforms could generate errors. Most likely it will be the ships registration number which doesn’t fit the format. If so contact me. 

Cheers
Rink

Van: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io namens James Alton via Groups.Io <lokiyawl2@...>
Verzonden: vrijdag, mei 31, 2019 4:06 PM
Aan: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Greek Cruising Tax

Rink de Haan,

We plan to enter Greek waters this season and were considering storing in Greece as well.  Can you tell me if this tax applies to vessels in storage?  Thanks for sharing the link and this information,  sure don’t want to be paying hefty fines.

James

SV Sueno
Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Sardinia

On May 31, 2019, at 10:43 AM, Rink De Haan <rinkdehaan@...> wrote:

Dear all (cruising in Greek Waters),

Since many years there is a discussion about a "Cruising Tax" for ships in Greek waters.
It appears to be in place since the beginning of May. I received confirmation of this from Lefkas Marina where my ship is.
I checked the procedure and submitted my tax form today. Now waiting for payment instructions.

The tax for a Super Maramu (15.9 meters) will be €127 a month sailing). Fines of not paying are quite hefty. 

For log in and completion of the procedure please click at https://www1.aade.gr/aadeapps2/etepai/ (choose English).
The is a FAQ and a manual.

Best regards,
Rink de Haan
SM2K #330 Razor's Edge
Lefkas Marina, Greece

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.