Re: Greek Cruising Tax

James Alton

Mohammad,

   Thanks for the excellent information in your reponses.  Was it very expensive to hire an agent to handle your paperwork?   Any suggestions for locating or hiring an agent?

Thanks,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Sardinia

On May 31, 2019, at 4:49 PM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

We just had our agent in Corfu handle the tax payment for us since the website kept crashing and not everyone knows the exact process yet.

It was pretty painless. Our information is 8 Euros/meter per month. So for a 12 meter yacht, that comes out to 96 Euros.

Respectfully;

Mohammad

On May 31, 2019, at 7:29 PM, Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode@...> wrote:

You can either put your boat on the hard or deposit your boatspapers to the next Hellenic Coastguard to not  to pay this tax.
If you are a happy owner of an Amel Sharki (11.95 meter) you pay only 33,- Euro each month when cruising in Greece waters.
Be careful about the Hellenic Coastguard. Last weekend a motorboat owner was fined with 100,- Euro in Messinian Bay in front of Kalamata because his driving license was not in greece language.
The website for registration the boat tax (see link above) is very strange to handle.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60