Re: Greek Cruising Tax

James Alton

Gerhard Mueller,

   Thanks this is very helpful!  

   I had not heard about the need for my boaters license (ICC in my case) to be translated into Greek?  I wonder if this applies to the radio license or any other papers as well?    Would you know if the translation needs to be certified or can just be done using Google to be accepted?  

   The Maramu specifications that I have show  the LOA to be 13.8M which is what I have been using.  Amel has stated more than one length for this model however so I want to be sure to use the correct number.  Would anyone know the LOA for the Maramu that is accepted by the Greek authorities?  


SV Sueno
1987 Maramu #220

On May 31, 2019, at 5:01 PM, Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode@...> wrote:


For entering the first time in Greek waters you need also the so called DEKPA (Cruising Permit).
It is for 51 Euro the first year and any boat length and may be another 15 Euro for handling. Each year at the exact right time it needs a stamp from the Hellenic Coastguard which is for free.
The boat tax TEPAI however has to be payed for each month the boat is cruising and not on the hard or out of order (not used). It is needed for boats from 7 meters length on (16, 25 or 33 Euro/month). Boats with a length above 12 meter pay however 8 Euro per month and meter. So for e.g. the Maramu (15.43 meter = 16 x 8) it is 128 Euro per month.
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Join to automatically receive all group messages.