Re: Greek Cruising Tax

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi james;

There are several agents in most ports of entry in Greece. Most agents have counterparts that they work with in neighboring countries. We always ask for referrals from the agent we check out with for the next port of entry for the country we plan to check in.

This system has always worked for us. I find that most good people like to do business with people who have similar philosophy in business.

Let me know where you intend to check in at and I can try to find you a referral.


Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
54 #099

On Jun 1, 2019, at 2:11 AM, James Alton via Groups.Io <lokiyawl2@...> wrote:


   Thanks for the excellent information in your reponses.  Was it very expensive to hire an agent to handle your paperwork?   Any suggestions for locating or hiring an agent?


SV Sueno
Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Sardinia

On May 31, 2019, at 4:49 PM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

We just had our agent in Corfu handle the tax payment for us since the website kept crashing and not everyone knows the exact process yet.

It was pretty painless. Our information is 8 Euros/meter per month. So for a 12 meter yacht, that comes out to 96 Euros.



On May 31, 2019, at 7:29 PM, Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode@...> wrote:

You can either put your boat on the hard or deposit your boatspapers to the next Hellenic Coastguard to not  to pay this tax.
If you are a happy owner of an Amel Sharki (11.95 meter) you pay only 33,- Euro each month when cruising in Greece waters.
Be careful about the Hellenic Coastguard. Last weekend a motorboat owner was fined with 100,- Euro in Messinian Bay in front of Kalamata because his driving license was not in greece language.
The website for registration the boat tax (see link above) is very strange to handle.
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Join to automatically receive all group messages.