Re: Greek Cruising Tax

James Alton

Hallo Michael,

   Yes, my boat is non-EU so perhaps I do need to pay through customs.  I am thinking of using an agent for at least the first clearing in to be sure that I get everything correct.   I check the link that you provided and also explored your website some, very nice!  I hope that you and Sioned have a good sailing season.  Maybe we will cross wakes sometime.

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220
Arbatax Sardinia

On Jun 1, 2019, at 4:04 AM, amel@... wrote:

I wrote a summary of the whole process on my website:

https://www.sionell.de/sioned/index.php/tips-und-tricks/72-griechische-yachtsteuer-t

German language only, sorry, but you might engage Google Translate...

There is also a comprehensive summary for members of the British Cruising Association in their member area with a lot of discussion about in the member forums.

@Rink:

You can pay either with a SEPA transfer from your bank account using the IBAN you find in the official FAQ or at one of the authorized collection agencies listed in that FAQ in cash. I would recommend an ELTA office as they seem to have the least problems.

As for non EU boats, as far as I know you have to pay through customs.