Re: Greek Cruising Tax

James Alton

Mohammad and Aty

  Thanks for the advice and for the offer to help find an agent.    I am not sure of what the cost for this service my be but this option certainly sounds appealing for at least our first entry into Greece to insure that all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.   Mostly likely we will arrive in Greece from the North so a suggestion for a Port of entry and of an agent there would be very helpful.  We will be sailing around the boot of Italy from Sardinia and we want to visit Croatia and Greece for sure.  The gulf of Kotor in Montenegro looks appealing as well.  My wife would really like to see Venice so if the conditions are good we will head up to the North end first and work our way down the West coast to Greece.  If the conditions are not favourable for the trip North up the Adriatic the general plan is to cross to the West coast to Croatia somewhere, any suggestions on a port of entry?  We will have a bit over 4 months  this season so we will need to plan to be outside the Schengen area for a bit over a month so I think Croatia and Montenegro are our two options in that regard.  Any general routing suggestions from those familiar with this area would be appreciated.

Best,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Sardinia

On Jun 1, 2019, at 3:09 AM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi james;

There are several agents in most ports of entry in Greece. Most agents have counterparts that they work with in neighboring countries. We always ask for referrals from the agent we check out with for the next port of entry for the country we plan to check in.

This system has always worked for us. I find that most good people like to do business with people who have similar philosophy in business.

Let me know where you intend to check in at and I can try to find you a referral.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
54 #099

On Jun 1, 2019, at 2:11 AM, James Alton via Groups.Io <lokiyawl2@...> wrote:

Mohammad,

   Thanks for the excellent information in your reponses.  Was it very expensive to hire an agent to handle your paperwork?   Any suggestions for locating or hiring an agent?

Thanks,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Sardinia

On May 31, 2019, at 4:49 PM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

We just had our agent in Corfu handle the tax payment for us since the website kept crashing and not everyone knows the exact process yet.

It was pretty painless. Our information is 8 Euros/meter per month. So for a 12 meter yacht, that comes out to 96 Euros.

Respectfully;

Mohammad

On May 31, 2019, at 7:29 PM, Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode@...> wrote:

You can either put your boat on the hard or deposit your boatspapers to the next Hellenic Coastguard to not  to pay this tax.
If you are a happy owner of an Amel Sharki (11.95 meter) you pay only 33,- Euro each month when cruising in Greece waters.
Be careful about the Hellenic Coastguard. Last weekend a motorboat owner was fined with 100,- Euro in Messinian Bay in front of Kalamata because his driving license was not in greece language.
The website for registration the boat tax (see link above) is very strange to handle.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60