Re: Dessalator

m_iachelli

Hi Giovanni,
The workshop they are talking about is NECOL in Sint Maarten (Dutch
side) and the name of the technician is François. Don't bother
calling them if you want to replace parts of your Dessalator. They
are not dealears of the brand, but they are very good at repairing
almost any brand. If you'll contact them they will probably tell you
to change system. I talk about some problem of my Dessalator with
François around 18 months ago and he didn't have a great opinion of
Dessalator even if he would have been able to fix it. They are not
only dealers of watermakers, but also builders of the system, meaning
that they can project and build a system for you. The only downside
of the shop is the prices. In any case, their website is
www.necol.com and you can contact them at info@necol.com . If you
want to stick with Dessalator (maybe not the best idea if you don't
live in Europe) better contact their dealer in USA at info@great-
water.com or you maybe could try to get something out of Amel yard in
Guadeloupe. The contacts some of the members has given you are just
nice shop owners who will contact Dessalator in France for you and
charge you on the original price. Of the two is best St. Martin at
least you will not be charged for the TVA (IVA 20%).
I hope to have helped you. If you plan to sail north to St Martin let
me know and I could direct you onto one or two technicians that can
fix your problems and don't drain your bank account.
Buon Vento
Mauro
"Esperanza" Euros #166

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "svbebe" <yahoogroups@...>
wrote:

Giovanni,

My guess is that the low pressure pump is not putting out the
required
pressure...but it is only a guess.

Anyway, here are 2 contacts I used in the Caribbean:
Mr. Yvon Icare
Chantier Naval
ZAC artimer - Bât D
Quartier Montgérald
97290 Le Marin, Matinique
+33 (0) 5 96 74 70 78
antillesmarine"at"wanadoo.fr (substitute @ for "at")
========================
L'ile Marine (manager: Guy ___?)
Sandy Ground Bridge
Rue Lady Fish
Marigot, Saint Martin, F.W.I. T: 590-29-08-60
L.ile.marine"at"budgetmarine.com (substitute @ for "at")

Best,

Bill Rouse
s/v BeBe SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni Testa"
<gtesta23@> wrote:

Hi to all,

I have an Amel-Dessalator 160 lt 2004 and I'm in Venezuela.

At the start the low press gauge doesn't mark green and remains on
red, but after 2 minutes ca the HI press starts and it is possible
regulate the Restrictor valve and to have fresh water. No allarm. It
seams all working properly, also the Low P.

I have replaced the 2 filters without any change.

may be the gauge blocked in the thin blu tube ? other problems?

More, the restrictor valve drips a little.I have tightened the
bolt
once 5 monthes ago, now it drops again and I have tightened it
again.
Is it normal ?

Where is possible to find Dessalator service in Caribbean ?

Thank to all for any suggestions and all the best for the New Year

Giovanni TESTA

S/V EUTIKIA