Re: Watermaker

Craig & Katherine Briggs

Bob and Suzanne,
    Just out of curiosity, what's your procedure for flushing your engines' (main & generator) sea water circuits after use? I know some people swear by it, but it seems quite a chore if you're doing it, say, twice a day for the generator and another time for the propulsion engine. Do you, perhaps, have a valve arrangement so you can switch quickly from sea water to fresh?
    I only flush mine if I'm decommissioning the boat on the hard. I remove the intake hose from the strainer, stick that in a bucket of fresh water and run the engine until the water is gone, adding antifreeze if in northern climate.
Craig - SN68 Sangaris