Re: Standing rigging on 54

Roque

Hi Nick

I just got my new rigging from ACMO and it is a straight swap. 

That means the pin for the new 12mm wire, that replaces the current 10mm, is thinner than the others 12 mm wires pins. I  don’t know if they made them stronger. 

You will also notice that since the new toggle  is bigger, some “filling” may be needed. See  pics.  

Rgds 

Roque
Attika A54 117
Paraty- Rio de Janeiro. 

Em sex, 7 de jun de 2019 às 06:19, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> escreveu:

Thanks guys, it looks like if I order from ACMO then it is a straight swap. So that is what I will do.
I have thought hard about all this and at the end of the day I do not want to have that niggling feeling that my rigging is not up to it on a dark stormy night!
Nick
> On 7 Jun 2019, at 11:42, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Nick;
>
> We are currently going though the same process and we have just released the order to ACMO.
>
> If ordered from ACMO, you will receive the entire parts required for the upgrade. This includes a “stronger” pin, as ACMO puts it, the turn buckles and threaded eye. I just again reconfirmed this with ACMO. If you look at your connections at the chain plates, the parts have an ACMO stamp on them.
>
> Therefore according to ACMO, no other parts will be necessary, it is just a matter of removing the existing shrouds and installing new.
>
> I will provide an update if we find anything that contradicts this during the install.
>
> Respectfully;
>
>
> Mohammad & Aty
> B&B Kokomo
> Amel 54 #099
>
>> On Jun 7, 2019, at 7:27 AM, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Further to the news that the Amel 54 should have 12mm aft lowers not 10mm and that the intermediates should be beefed up from 8mm to 10mm. I am now seriously working this out.
>> On the face of it I can order the replacement wire and fittings from ACMO in France and have it a week later. What worries me is that the pin sizes will increase (I guess)
>> This should be no problem at the bottom where there is a massive chainplate that I could drill out to accept the bigger pins but at the top at the spreader bases it will be tricky.
>> Has anyone been there and done this project?
>> What about sticking to 8mm and 10 mm but upgrading the wire quality to say Dyform? Dyform offers about 30% more strength than standard 1x19?
>> Any experts out there?
>> Nick
>> S/Y Amelia AML54-019
>> Anchored in Kefalonia enjoying easy living after 2000 mile voyage from Canary Islands.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.