Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:06 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Kent,

Let's add this to our agenda when we meet on your boat in July.

An identical retrofit would be difficult, but I've got an idea and a plan, which doesn't include pumps or bulkhead modifications. We can possibly do the modifications while I am there, then share it with everyone.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019, 6:09 PM karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Can that change be retrofitted to a 1999 SM?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Jun 7, 2019, at 8:11 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Gary

Late model SM Bow Thrusters do capture any sea water seepage and drain that to the gray water bilge. This change was done sometime in 2003.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019, 6:40 PM Gary Wells <gary@...> wrote:
My bow thruster will not leak to an exit to the bilge.  It will be stopped at the forward head where it must be dealt with manually.  If you have a situation where seawater has a direct path to the the engine room bilge (other than the anchor locker), I would say that it's not original (or I didn't read your statement correctly). ..

Having a water alarm next to the rudder quadrant is a great idea.  I just have to hoist the bed once a month while we're parked, once a day while we are underway.

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA