Re: Furling motor brushes

No doubt that Kelly and Ryan found something that will help many Amel owners.

Good call.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 1:41 PM Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:
Thanks Kelly and Ryan for the information! These worked perfectly in our Leroy Somer MBT86M Main Furler and Outhaul motors.  Our main furler stopped working under any load at the end of last season.  It would spin freely when not loaded and I was able to easily furl and unfurl the mainsail manually so I figured it was likely worn brushes and/or a dirty armature.  Sure enough, it was both.  I replaced the brushes and cleaned the armature and they both work great.  Here is a direct link to the place I bought them:
https://store.eurtonelectric.com/31x31x6brushspr-a005-1-1-1.aspx

And here are some pictures of the brushes:

New brush on the left and old brush on right:

They really are a perfect fit and they are even cheaper when you buy 11 or more so I stocked up.  Thanks again for the information.  I love this group!

-
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA