Re: TMD22 Emergency Shutoff

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi,

This is not a light weight topic. There are serious dangers involved. First. The comment about shutting off the fresh air supply. I presume this reffered to blocking the air intake. A hand put over this at reves would almost certainly result in serious injury. The suction on a reving diesel engine is considerable. Secondly, in an emergency shutting the fuel off would be way too slow. The lever on the side of the injector oump is the only safe option snd every operator should be familar with this. Diesel engines in some  circumstances can run away rev. Also consider being in the engine room and an emegency happenned, something around the drive shaft, a burst water hose or any thing else that might require instant reaction. I commend to all owners to identify their emergency shut off and practice using it.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 10 June 2019 at 11:24 Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:

Or ....

Shut off the fuel via the shut off valve. Takes longer though.

Jean-Pierre

On 10 Jun 2019, at 07:39, CW Bill Rouse < brouse@...> wrote:

Thanks to Kent for this:
<image.png>
Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 1:46 PM jlm@... < jlm@...> wrote:

Wery easy to do you stop the fresh air input .....:-)

JLMERTZ

CottonBay

Le 09/06/2019 à 20:23, CW Bill Rouse a écrit :
What is the best way to shut off a TMD22 when there is no power available to use the normal shut off method?

Bill Rouse
Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550