Re: Question about the Amel bow thruster removal tool

Thomas Peacock

My tool is identical, except where you have stainless, mine is rather flimsy plastic. My memory is that the set screws indeed thread through the bow thruster, and just go into the whole in the stainless; they don’t have to thread, but will provide support.

Just be sure to waterproof all holes and seams; I use both tape and Molykote.

Tom Peacock
SM #240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay

On Jun 10, 2019, at 7:06 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Good morning Willem,

This looks like the one I had.
Here are some pictures:
http://www.nikimat.com/bow_thruster_overhaul.html

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Question about the Amel bow thruster removal tool
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Date: Monday, June 10, 2019, 2:16 AM

Dear Amelians,

I have to remove the foot of the bow thruster while in the
water and was happy to found on board the Amel special tool
to do the job. Comparing the version I have with the
photo's on this website I notice that mine is a little
different. A stainless steel end to slide into the tube with
two much bigger holes. Too big for setscrews. How to connect
this version to the tube? May be this is a stupid question,
but I really don't have an idea. Are there Amel owners
with the same version? Please have a look at the attached
picture.

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA
At anchor near Preveza in Greece