Re: Question about the Amel bow thruster removal tool

It is possible that what you have is not made by Amel.

Here is a photo of the Amel-made tool and set screws:
image.png
The above is for a SM, I am not sure if it will fit a SN.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019, 2:16 AM Willem Kroes <kavanga@...> wrote:
Dear Amelians,

I have to remove the foot of the bow thruster while in the water and was happy to found on board the Amel special tool to do the job. Comparing the version I have with the photo's on this website I notice that mine is a little different. A stainless steel end to slide into the tube with two much bigger holes. Too big for setscrews. How to connect this version to the tube? May be this is a stupid question, but I really don't have an idea. Are there Amel owners with the same version? Please have a look at the attached picture.

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA
At anchor near Preveza in Greece