Re: Question about the Amel bow thruster removal tool

Thomas is correct.

Early model tools had a Stainless end, later model tools had black plastic. Early model tools were designed with holes larger than 8mm, with the set screws designed to be threaded into the bow thruster tube and through the hole in the tool. Later model tools with the black plastic had grooves for the set screws.

My guess is that what you have is exactly what you should have. Please also refer to my earlier photo.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 6:29 AM Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:
My tool is identical, except where you have stainless, mine is rather flimsy plastic. My memory is that the set screws indeed thread through the bow thruster, and just go into the whole in the stainless; they don’t have to thread, but will provide support.

Just be sure to waterproof all holes and seams; I use both tape and Molykote.

Tom Peacock
SM #240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay