Re: Stuffing box drainage path

Stephen Davis

Hi Jose,

I’d also be interested in some of these seals, as water intrusion in spite of good bow thruster maintenance has been an on going problem for us. On our 31 day passage from Panama to Hawaii we had fairly bad leakage, and I built a mountain of modeling clay I had on hand around the shaft to stop it. That will completely stop the inflow for about 10 days until the clay gets saturated, and you have to pull it off and put some more on. I’d recommend everyone keep some on board for emergency repairs on long passages, as it beats the heck out of bailing water several times a day. The best solution might be your new seals, and I’d love to give them a try.

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Ko Olina, Hawaii

On Jun 10, 2019, at 9:59 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Jose,

I too am interested in the source and part number.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 9:35 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Hi Jose,

In your original email you write of  having bought two seals and " installing them". Presumably you only installed one, replacing the 60-80-12 that Amel fitted ?

 Incidentally, to save you the  hassle of buying  a number of seals and then sending  them on, I'm happy to buy direct, in which case could you let me have the part number ?
 Equally, I'm happy to add to your own order if that helps to speed up supply.

 Thanks,

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece