Re: Standing rigging on 54

Porter McRoberts

Dear Mohammad and Aty

Would you be willing to let me or us know the cost from ACMO?
This seems very tempting to do myself? Then have a rigger double check. A lot of work, yes but interesting and tempting!

Many thanks.

Porter

S/V IBIS 54-152
Tahiti.

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone
Www.fouribis.com

On Jun 6, 2019, at 11:19 PM, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks guys, it looks like if I order from ACMO then it is a straight swap. So that is what I will do.
I have thought hard about all this and at the end of the day I do not want to have that niggling feeling that my rigging is not up to it on a dark stormy night!
Nick
On 7 Jun 2019, at 11:42, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hello Nick;

We are currently going though the same process and we have just released the order to ACMO.

If ordered from ACMO, you will receive the entire parts required for the upgrade. This includes a “stronger” pin, as ACMO puts it, the turn buckles and threaded eye. I just again reconfirmed this with ACMO. If you look at your connections at the chain plates, the parts have an ACMO stamp on them.

Therefore according to ACMO, no other parts will be necessary, it is just a matter of removing the existing shrouds and installing new.

I will provide an update if we find anything that contradicts this during the install.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Jun 7, 2019, at 7:27 AM, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Further to the news that the Amel 54 should have 12mm aft lowers not 10mm and that the intermediates should be beefed up from 8mm to 10mm. I am now seriously working this out.
On the face of it I can order the replacement wire and fittings from ACMO in France and have it a week later. What worries me is that the pin sizes will increase (I guess)
This should be no problem at the bottom where there is a massive chainplate that I could drill out to accept the bigger pins but at the top at the spreader bases it will be tricky.
Has anyone been there and done this project?
What about sticking to 8mm and 10 mm but upgrading the wire quality to say Dyform? Dyform offers about 30% more strength than standard 1x19?
Any experts out there?
Nick
S/Y Amelia AML54-019
Anchored in Kefalonia enjoying easy living after 2000 mile voyage from Canary Islands.