Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

PORT VILA  VANUATU

June 11, 2019 08:30:21

-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 01:44
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] BamarMEJ1.02 furling motor

Earlier  on in my passage from Madeira I had a problem with the Genoa furler. It turned out to be the motor. I switched it for the staysail one which is like new, so I could carry on my voyage.

Now I need to decide how to proceed. The defective motor is shorting on its windings and I can see a strand that is actually broken.

The question is:

To send to rewind shop for repair

Or to buy new?

Or to buy one from another Amel owner who has upgraded to newer better furlers and who has the old ones?

Nick S/Y Amelia

AML54-019 approaching Preveza