Re: Important - Amel 54 and any Electrical Emergency #IMPORTANT

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

If I am not mistaken, some solar and windregulators need to be permanent connected to the batterie BEFORE any power is applied from pannel or windgen.
If batterie is disconnected it will destroy the regulators.
So read manuals on which side of the switch the regulator has to be connected.

Oliver from Vela Nautica 54#39
Faro Portugal

On Sun, May 26, 2019, 21:23 SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:
Another important point to note is that Solar regulators should preferably be connected to the ‘panel side’ of the battery isolator switches.  (For the same reasons).  However, this means that battery isolator switches must be left on when solar charging is wanted, eg during wintering. For this reason, I suspect many folks will connect the solar regulator to the battery side. Noting of course that the solar system should always incorporate breakers on the panel and battery side of the regulator.
All interesting issues to consider when briefing crew etc.
Dean