Re: Water tank overfill, companionway ladder, galley sink drain hose

karkauai

Hi Eric,
Where the companionway door slides down into the slot behind the companionway ladder, the bottom of that compartment rotted and fell out.  The drain hole was clogged and water sat, never enough water to give me a hint that anything was wrong.

Turns out that the ladder is easy to remove, two screws on each side at floor level where the bottom of the ladder fits into mortises, and three screws that hold the aft of the ladder to the box that houses the dropped door.  And the handrail.
The new piece I’m adding at the bottom will be well-treated with epoxy sealer and will slope from both sides to the middle where a drain will be placed that feeds into the hose that drains the galley fridge.

I’ll post pics of the project when I’m done.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Jun 12, 2019, at 7:13 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

What are you referring to when you mention the companionway door support?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376