Re: Bow thruster seals

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Jose,

that's good you have the anti twist.. Ocean Pearl's seals were leaking badly when we bought her but we replaced the seals when we did the anti foul before we first set off and have never had any trouble since. Bi annual foam seal replacement is all we have ever done and occasionally we have had to do a lip seal between the bi annuals. However we are not heavy users of the thruster.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 14 June 2019 at 08:17 "Jose Venegas via Groups.Io" <josegvenegas@...> wrote:

Danny, I am not sure if my system is original or retrofit.  It does seem to have an anti-twist vertical tube mounted beside the thruster.  All I know is that when I bought Ipanema (Nike before) in Florida, (about the same time you bought Ocean Perl) The previous owner did not mention it.  However, we got a lot of water in while we sailed the boat from Florida to Georgia, even though the owner had just changed the seals on her.

Jose Ipanema SM 278