Re: Furuno Weather Fax do not get much and have switched to Navtex but to be frank the internet apps are more practical. Depends where you are.

ngtnewington Newington

Nick again, I have to admit though that it is probably going to be a service that will not survive the internet. It is free to the user and paid for by presumably various government agencies. This kind of “soft” power was very valuable in the good old days. Now I am not sure. A bit like the BBC world service.......or VOA.
Nick
Amelia Corfu town
AML 54-019

On 17 Jun 2019, at 21:56, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

Love my weather fax but it depends where. Across the North Atlantic, Halifax Nova Scotia pumped out great charts as did UK. In the Med it is a different story.
Nick
Amelia in Corfu
AML 54-019

On 17 Jun 2019, at 04:41, James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie@...> wrote:

Hello everyone -

I'd like to ask of those on the forum who uses their Weatherfax units?  I don't even know to use the one on my boat.  It seems to me that it may be a legacy item and no longer serves much use because of newer and less bulky technology.

I'd like to know how many of you use this!

Thanks!
James
Soteria SM347.  Le Marin