Chain counter Display unit

Our SM is no 302, launched June 2000. Our black chain counter display unit shows only 00. Pochon tell me that the sensor is still ok but that we need a new display unit, now no longer made and will take two months as a special order. Apparently the sensor is incompatible with the new , grey, display unit ( made by Raytheon?). Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it in a different way?
Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Roseau, Dominica
Choose the perfect PC or mobile phone for you
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/130777504/direct/01/