Re: Gears of bow thruster worn out after 12 times of use, two questions

Alan Leslie

Willem,
When we replaced bow thruster parts in Fiji last year, Amel told us this :

-Bowthruster mechanism (see photo): the parts composing this mechanism cannot be sold separately as everything is perfectly adjusted together (especially the gears and shaft and black cap) to avoid any failure in the system. The price is 582.40 euros without taxes and without transport.

I am sure you can find the roller bearing locally. I can give you the exact SKF reference if needed.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437