Re: Petrol questions/survey

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Alan,

I'm with you on this. Until you've seen big seas breaking over a boat you just cant imagine the power in them. Eric knows more about that than ost I think. We store our 4 jerry cans of diesel and one of outboard mix in the port locker out side the cockpit. No ignition source and a lid not locked down so in the impossible event of an explosion the lid would fly up, minimizing any damage, so long as you were not sitting on it at the time. grin

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 18 June 2019 at 10:44 Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

Ouch !

I have seen stanchions / lifelines damaged on boats that had "stuff" lashed to them after tough up wind passages.
Our SSB tuner is not in the lazarette, nor do we have power supplies or outlets in there.
Our fuel tank doesn't smell and doesn't leak.

Sorry

Alan
Elyse SM437