Re: Chesapeake Bay mooring/slip for 2 months?

Mark Erdos

Scott,

There is a state owned marina in Maryland that is perfect choice. It is inexpensive and very well protected on all sides. If I recall the rate was about $800 per month with electric and water included. But it is also off the beaten path. We stayed here for about 3 months and used it as a base to explore the surrounding areas. To rent a car, you need to take a bus to Princess Anne where Enterprise from Salisbury will meet you and take you up to Salisbury (not hard to do). There is a USCG station there and they have new floating docks. Here is a link: https://somerscovemarina.com/index.html

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Scott SV Tengah
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:49 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Chesapeake Bay mooring/slip for 2 months?

Hi all,

We're in The Bahamas now heading to the Chesapeake area for a bit and plan to leave Tengah, our A54 for 2 months to visit family and travel overland.

I know many of you are either from there or have spent far more time there than me (me = zero). Does anyone have suggestions for a place to leave her for July and August? I would prefer something cheap, obviously. Anywhere in the Chesapeake is fine as we are visiting my family in DC and am not opposed to traveling a bit overland to get there. Most of the places I've emailed either are too shallow (eg - "Do you mind bumping on the mud at low tide?") or can't handle boats of this size.

A mooring or a slip is fine. I won't be living aboard except maybe a few days on the frontend to prepare to leave her and on the backend to fix the things that broke while we are gone. :)

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
www.svtengah.com

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.