Re: Eberspacher 5L diesel heater

Dave Ritten

Sounds like you should consider applying a “conformal coating” to the PCB. This is like a thick lacquer that prevents corrosion and is a standard process in preparing PCBs for harsh environments. It is s PITA for manufacturers as they have to mask off connectors, relays etc but pretty easy to do on a one off retrofit basis. Most electronics hobbyist stores carry spray cans of the stuff. I had same problem with the rear SAM (computer) module in my Merc and gave a spray coating and no more issues. Hope this helps.
Dave

--
Dave Ritten
Auckland