Re: Eberspacher 5L diesel heater

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi,
I spray all electrical connections with marine crc, or WD 40 or Corrosion x. All work for me and avoid these corrosion problems.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 21 June 2019 at 19:11 Dave Ritten <daveritten@gmail.com> wrote:

Sounds like you should consider applying a “conformal coating” to the PCB. This is like a thick lacquer that prevents corrosion and is a standard process in preparing PCBs for harsh environments. It is s PITA for manufacturers as they have to mask off connectors, relays etc but pretty easy to do on a one off retrofit basis. Most electronics hobbyist stores carry spray cans of the stuff. I had same problem with the rear SAM (computer) module in my Merc and gave a spray coating and no more issues. Hope this helps.
Dave

--
Dave Ritten
Auckland