Re: super maramu, vibrations generated when the engine is running

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Super Nick,

It is exactly my conclusion bat the two fixed prop are perfect, so I could not image it could be possible ...

Before to turn back to Autoprop (actually as spare) I will check the big bolt on the bottom of the C-drive that fixed it  on the keel ...

Merci beaucoup for your help full answer ...

Jean Luc MERTZ

on CottonBay

Le 21/06/2019 à 08:50, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io a écrit :
On my last boat I used to have a fixed three blade prop and there was some vibration. It was a traditional shaft  and stern tube arrangement. I spent ages realigning the engine. Then I pulled the shaft and sent it with the prop to a machine shop. The shaft was true but the prop was not balanced properly. I decided to buy a feathering prop and keep the old as a spare. No more vibration....So it could be the prop.
Nick
Amelia AML 54-019 Paxos

On 21 Jun 2019, at 08:43, "jlm@..." <jlm@...> wrote:

Hello everyone
I have two friends who have a SM (1997 and 1999) who after having changed all the mounts  and the coupling of the engine have a significant residual vibration.
Both have the distinction of having a fixed three-blade propeller.
Would there be in our group a person who had this problem or could have a track?
Jean Luc
CottonBay

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com