Re: Deck Stripes - Painting with Awlgrip - Details and Requirements

Arlo

Edited

Hello Gary, great summary and thanks for sharing. For whats its worth, i painted my deck and pilothouse with awlgrip on my last boat (a hudson force 50) and after 8 years in the blazing Florida sun it still looked brand new. I have been looking at the deck and stripes on my mango and contemplating painting it with awlgrip just not sure how to get the old paint off without sanding and losing the texture of the teak gelcoat...but you should expect the painting you did to last 10 plus years.

Arlo
S/V Seaduction
Mango # 46