From: Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver@...>
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 24, 2019 1:09 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Deck Stripes - Painting with Awlgrip - Details and Requirements

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 05:00 AM, Thomas Peacock wrote:
One question: how has the non-slip surface held up with the new paint?
Hi Thomas.  The original light brown colored faux teak, while somewhat oxidized, is in good shape everywhere except the stern lazarette cover (the garage lid).  That was evidently made by the apprentices at Amel and the gel coat there was brushed on rather than sprayed into the mold.  This left a very non-uniform thickness of the gel coat and patches of brush mark pattern wore thru years ago.  Still dithering about how to deal with that issue.  Joel has indicated (thru the grapevine third hadn't) that the gel coat on that hatch is always the first too fail.

Gary Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 #335
Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico