Re: Fixed Port Lights - Maramu

christian alby <calbyy@...>

Hello Andy
did not see attachment & a little baffled by '4' fixed Port lights ?
just in case this meets your query, I just replaced my Port signal light by same model as original,
-manufacturer DHR in Holland, model 35 base Z (side holder);
helps keep the boat in vintage condition using Equipment worth its salt.
as Mr henri would have done.
DHR catalog is fairly comprehensive & true to tradition.

farewell

christian alby - Désirade VIII - Maramu 116 - now in Canet en Roussillon

Le lundi 17 juin 2019 à 23:21:00 UTC−4, Andy via Groups.Io <allezaubon@...> a écrit :

Dear Amel Family,

 a small question;

We intend to replace all four fixed port lights in the coming months .

We see that the stainless cover / fixing plate is held with screws , not bolted through and there appears to be a “rubber “ gasket.  Doesn’t seem to be silicone ?  .

Can anyone advise what material was used by Amel?

is there anything we should be aware of before attempting this project ????

Please see photo below by way of illustration:-

Thanks again for all support, very much appreciated.