Main electrical switch for Meltem

Bill SF 360

Although I have owned my Meltem for 20 years I have never understood the rationale for a 4 position switch. I simply use it as a main ON/OFF power switch but it obviously has additional features. The markings were in French, but had worn away by the time of my purchase. Does anyone know the original 4 position labels on this switch and english translation? The down position is legible: SECOURS - but I can't figure out exactly what they mean by that. An original wiring diagram would be ideal if anyone can locate one.T

TIA, Bill Reilly