Re: Toilet Pumps to bilge???

The seawater toilet pump anti-siphon lines can get blocked with salt. It will be very obvious with a buildup of salt at the top. And, of course these anti-siphon lines either drain (if not blocked) into the gray water, or overflow (if blocked into the gray water.

If the gray water level is close to triggering the pump-out of gray water, the amount of saltwater passing into the gray water tank from the anti-siphon system can be enough to trigger the pump switch.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 11:44 AM Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io <carlylelk=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Wanderer, when we run one of the toilet pumps, enough of the seawater goes to the bilge to activate the bilge pump (of course the bilge had to be partially full for this to happen, or the seawater pump was run for a longer time).

The seawater lines to the toilets have a vent loop in the engine room that has a tube going into the bilge.  As far as I can see there isn't a mechanical vent there.  So the conclusion I come to is that the seawater lines are clogged.  I haven't heard about this on the forum here so I'm wondering: is this common?

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477