Slatted floor in sail locker

Arno Luijten

Hi All,

We tend to store the fenders inside the forward locker as the rear locker is used for other stuff and it has no draining capability. To improve draining in the forward locker I have created an elevated floor so water can drain more easy. I had to make it into two parts so you can remove it. The whole thing is screwed and glued together. Under the lower slats there are small plastic feet/discs to prevent the wood from sitting in water. I'm still thinking about painting the thing, although the wood is hard-wood.

Maybe some other Amel user finds this information useful.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121