Re: Fixed Port Lights - Maramu

christian alby <calbyy@...>

I get the 'four ports' now
vocaburay richer
did replace plexi on previous boat & used Sika 295UV, on primer Sika 209
choice of sealant is important, but procedure to remove existing without damage to structure or bolt holes, & positionning new one is of utmost importance !
On old boat I did edit Lewmar technical guide & Goiot recommendations & read carefully before tackling the job.
Did go hzardly well (with usual hicups with bolts holes & alignments) until completion, & waterproof test.
wishing you success & clear view of sky & sea

christian - Désirade VIII - Maramu 116 - now in Canet en Roussillon

Le jeudi 27 juin 2019 à 03:45:21 UTC−4, Andy via Groups.Io <allezaubon@...> a écrit :

Hi Christian ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Apologies for the unintended ambiguity.

We are changing the four fixed a acrylic /Perspex windows, two port and starboard in the saloon and two in the aft cabin.

We see the saloon =E2=80=9C windows=E2=80=9D are 8mm thick and the aft cabin=
only 6mm.

We believe they may be original !!

We believe Sikaflex has been used as the sealant.
We intend to reseal using Dow 795 .

Apologies about not attaching the thumbnail. I had some
issues posting it  ;-)

Trust above is helpful by way of clarification.

Fair winds

Andy Croney
SV Paladin
Maramu #75