Re: Fixed Port Lights - Maramu

Arlo

Edited

I just pulled the forward starboard port window to reseal and there were about 8 through bolts plus another few dozen screws.  The backside of these bolts are accessible by removing 2 pieces of trim just above and below the window. I used butyl tape to seal and it is works like a champ with the plastic window material. I have used butyl tape for 15 years for sealing hatches, chainplates, portlights, stantions and it has always held up well. Butyl tape has a higher elasticity compared to most of the sealants on the market, makes less of a mess and is easy to clean off if the parts should ever need removing and replacing.