Re: Deck Stripes - Painting with Awlgrip - Details and Requirements

Giovanni TESTA

Hi Thomas,
may I know please which AWLGRIP RAL/code/color and if mono or bi component ?
Your deck after 5 yrs is like new, congratulations !
Many thanks
Giovanni TESTA
sv EUTIKIA
SM2K n 428
https://www.youtube.com/user/eutikia1

Il 27/06/2019 16:52, Thomas Kleman ha scritto:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 07:49 AM, Thomas Kleman wrote:
Gary- just my experience but Polytrol doesn't seem to effect anti skid properties. It looks like it should (the deck color pops and it appears wet). Only thing to be careful of with Polytrol is the buildup in the faux line grooves. You need to brush it out well and use thin coats.

Your post brought back some memories for me, painting the lines in 90 degree heat and doing the math for how long a line would it be if it was end to end. I came up with 2/10 of a mile but there's my Poetry/Sanskrit double major plaguing me again.
This is L'ORIENT sm2k 422 with Polytrol treatment of decks and black stripes (prob 5 yrs old in this pic).