Re: St Vincent

Courtney,

I've done St Lucia to Bequia at least 10 times. Take a Parks mooring ball at the small Bay south of Soufferie Bay. A Park Ranger will collect for the mooring. Depart 0500. Sail leeward of St Vincent to Bequia, arriving late afternoon before 1800.

We took St Vincent off our list years ago because of all of the violent crimes against cruisers. You will find many people advise differently. They are in the 98% who have never been robbed or assaulted, or do not know anyone who has been affected.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019, 2:32 AM Giorgio Ardrizzi <giorgio.ardrizzi@...> wrote:
Hi Courtney, we spent in January one night in Cumberland Bay swinging at anchor and had a good time.  Unfortunately there is only one point where you can anchor at a reasonable depth (10/15 metres).  It is on the left upon entering.
The rest of the bay is too deep.  However, there are numerous buoys available (negotiate the price), or anchor and tie a cable to a palm tree.
Same situation in Wallilabu Bay.
For one night you can avoid making entry formalities to the country.
On the way back, starting from the Pitons, we had a good wind and we arrived as far as Bequia without having to stop at SV.
Enjoy.
Giorgio Ardrizzi
Saudade III
Sharki #1, now on the ground in Trinidad.

Il Ven 28 Giu 2019, 04:03 Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

So Saturday I get a new crew in St Lucia heading south.  I really don’t want to abuse them with a first long sail to Bequia so does anyone have a recommendation in st Vincent? Cheers
Courtney
S/v Trippin
54 #101