Pulling the mast to rerig

Alan Grayson

Hello, I'm about to rerig our Super Maramu and the riggers are saying that they would prefer to pull the masts and that it should be done every 7 years or so anyway.
I have ordered rigging from Acmo and the riggers are quite happy to let me change it out once it is on the ground which saves a few dollars.
My questions are, does the rig need to be pulled every 7 years?
While the mast is down what other maintenance items are advisable to do? I will be servicing motors, gearboxes, checking foils, swivels, running a couple of new wires and spot painting corrosion.
What other important jobs am I missing?
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai SM 406