From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Sent: Monday, 1 July 2019 10:22:57 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Pulling the mast to rerig

Did these riggers say why every seven years? And which riggers?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, 1:49 PM Alan Grayson <bazgrayson@...> wrote:
Hello, I'm about to rerig our Super Maramu and the riggers are saying that they would prefer to pull the masts and that it should be done every 7 years or so anyway.
I have ordered rigging from Acmo and the riggers are quite happy to let me change it out once it is on the ground which saves a few dollars.
My questions are, does the rig need to be pulled every 7 years?
While the mast is down what other maintenance items are advisable to do? I will be servicing motors, gearboxes, checking foils, swivels, running a couple of new wires and spot painting corrosion.
What other important jobs am I missing?
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai SM 406