Re: Pulling the mast to rerig

Craig Briggs

Alan,
With your new rigging coming from ACMO and therefore ready to hang, plus your plan to do it yourself anyway, just do it all yourself without pulling the mast. Katherine and I did ours in the water over just a few days, taking it slow to minimize the time each day in the bosun's chair. It's easy-peasy and you'll have the confidence of knowing it's done correctly. It ain't rocket science.  If you want to refresh the mast wiring while you're at it, that's pretty easy too.

I recall stepping aboard one of this forum's member's SM's when he first got it and had had it "professionally" re-rigged after shipping. First thing I saw was no bolts in the backstay turnbuckle - and we were to jump offshore for a few days; yikes.  As the saying goes, if you want it done right, do it yourself. Or, if you're not up to diy, "you get what you inspect, not what you expect".

Cheers, Craig SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL