From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Miles <milesbid@...>
Sent: Tuesday, 2 July 2019 1:43:18 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Pulling the mast to rerig

Hi Alan,

I would go to another rigger.  Your rig should be so tight that there will never be a shock load.  I changed my rigging after 60,000 miles and 18 years (not quite as far as Eric, and it appeared to be in good shape, like Eric’s.  I think that trick is to keep it Amel tight.  A rigger who does not know the boat will not make it tight enough.   I see no reason to take the mast out except to charge you more.

Warm regards,

Miles

s/y Ladybug, sm216 , Newport RI Harbor.